As Meg mentioned earlier in the week, we took the kids out to G&S Orchards to go blueberry picking. I will admit that I am not the biggest blueberry fan but even I couldn’t resist eating the big and juicy berries right off the bushes. They were just begging for me to make them even sweeter so I whipped up a blueberry crisp for dinner!
2 1/2 cups blueberries
2 Tblsp. white sugar
1 cup flour
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, gently toss
together blueberries and white
sugar; set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour,
oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and
4. Cut in butter until crumbly. I find it
easiest to use my hands.
5. Press half of mixture into a 8×8 inch
6. Cover with blueberries.
7. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture
over the berries.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for
30-40 minutes or until fruit is
bubbly and topping is golden
You can easily double the recipe and use a 9×13 inch pan and using blackberries or raspberries would be delish too! It was the perfect summertime treat and a big hit with the hubby :)