I made these delicious baked pickles the other day with all intensions of sharing with Reagan and saving some for the husband when he got home from work. Things didn’t really play out that way and I ended up eating 14 1/2, yes I only made 15- don’t judge, but gave half of one to Reagan who was totally not interested and fed to the dog.
I found the recipe here (http://fullflavorfood.com/fried-baked-pickles/) but switched it up a bit, knowing that I didn’t want to use dill pickles, I’m not a fan, or have 50 baked pickle pieces hanging around the house that I knew I would eat before the husband came home.
These pickles were YUMMY! I had left over ingredients in my bowl that I could have used to make three or four more baked pickles (based on what was left of the bread crumb mixture), but since my pan was full, I opted to just discard the extras. FYI- I had to wash my thumb and pointer fingers (the dippers) off twice, because they got a little gunked with the mixture, but other than that this wasn’t messy at all.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 7-10 min
Serves: well…it served me…
15 Bread and Butter Chip Pickles
1 TBL Milk
1/3 cup Flour (All Purpose)
1/3 cup Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Panko Crumbs
1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese (Finely Shredded)
Prep & Cooking Directions –
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray
3. Take out the 15 pickles and place on a plate
4. Take 3 small mixing bowls and put the flour in one, the egg and milk mixed together in another, and in the third bowl combine the bread crumbs, panko crumbs, and the shredded cheese.
5. Coat each pickle chip with flour, then the egg/milk mixture, and then the cheesy bread/panko crumb mixture, and place on to an oiled cookie sheet.
6. Bake @ 425 degrees for 7 – 10 minutes or until desired “crispiness” is reached.
The original recipe suggests dipping the pickles in ranch dressing. This sounds fantastic, but I didn’t have any on hand, so I went without and they were still delish!