Football is a pretty big deal around here. Even though we see our favorite team lose more than win, the boys still love to watch. I’m not sure if we will see the Buffalo Bills make it to the Super Bowl again in our lifetime :). Regardless of who is playing, the Super Bowl is always guaranteed to be a good time. The snacks, commercials and halftime show just add to the excitement!
Big H and I thought it would be fun to do a couple of crafts to get us ready for the big day. Unfortunately when it comes to crafts he has the attention span of well…a three year old! Therefore, the crafts need to be simple and quick to keep him interested. Plus it always seems that the days we want to do a special activity our little sidekick decides he doesn’t want to take a nap. We thought it would be a good idea to distract him with a chocolate chip cookie…
Brown construction paper
Single hole punch
1. Rip up several pieces of newspaper. Big H loved this part!
2. Draw a large oval on one piece of paper. You can also use a football template if you would like. Then place a second piece of paper behind the first and cut it out. You will need two identical ovals to make the football.
3. Punch holes around the perimeter of the oval. Be careful not to make the holes too close to the edge. My helper insisted on punching many more than were necessary!
4. Tie the yarn around one of the holes and continue to thread it around the oval. Make sure to stop before it is completely threaded.
5. Stuff the football with shredded newspaper until it is full and then finish threading and tie off!
More Football Fun
We also made some Popsicle stick goal posts and had some fun with our football stamp!